Ferry Time

Last post I spoke about playing tourism in my own city. I recently did one of the super-touristy items on the must-see-NYC list: A trip on Staten Island Ferry.


I went on a whim, one afternoon when I got off of work early. I vaguely remember a trip to NYC when I was in the 7th grade with my Hebrew School class, and I have distant memories of seeing the Statue of Liberty. It was time for a refresher!


At sunset, the views were lovely. It was a different perspective of a trip I know well; going from Brooklyn to Staten Island. Usually I take the Verrazano bridge, but the Ferry was a lot more beautiful, not to mention cheaper! Too bad you can't drive your car onto the ferry...




Comments

  1. Love that last skyline with the sunset. Really beautiful. Last and only time I have seen the Statue of Liberty was in the seventh grade, a year before 9/11, when people still went up to the top of it regularly. I stood at the very base of it waiting in the long line, looking up at her green majesty, and then decided, because the line was going to take forever, to forgo actually making it to the top in lieu of heading to Broadway to see Footloose. Even got my Playbill signed. I guess that's where it all started for me... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a breathtaking view, isn't it? Well, I can support your Broadway sacrifice :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts