New York Philharmonic, 9/11 Concert


Avery Fischer Hall
This weekend, The National Philharmonic Orchestra presented a special program for the families of 9/11 first responders and their families. Leftover tickets were presented to the public - for free!

I waited outside for a little over 3 hours in the Lincoln Center, not really knowing what to expect. We decided to wait it out, even though the sky threatened rain. We were lucky enough to receive free tickets, half an hour before showtime. 

They were playing Mahler's Resurrection, a piece I had never heard before. To my complete surprise, I was swept away on a journey of emotions. Maybe because the only time I witness a live orchestra is when I am singing as part of the choir, but I had no idea that orchestra music....is so good! So lovely to listen to! The NY Phil was amazing at following dynamics. At some points the orchestra was so quiet, the music felt surreal. I could hear every theme very clearly, not to mention a bassoon soli that had me in tears. 

Incredible sunset from the lobby of Avery Fischer Hall

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts