Life in a Suitcase, Pt 2

KBun helps navigate the open road. 




Knuffle Bunny (KBTour) has officially been on the road for a week. There are nine of us total in our merry little company. Coming into this project, I knew three of the crew members from my previous tour in 2009. The anxiety I had felt the first time around was mostly dispelled. I knew what to expect from a life in and out of hotels every night. I am comfortable with the two hour driving shifts in our large van. I didn't know any of the actors, but I knew I'd have four months to get to know them.

We opened in Manassas, VA to 800 giggling children. For two weeks we rehearsed pretty vigorously in a rehearsal space for members on the production team. The show transforms with the energy of enraptured children.

The show is structured to be both kid and adult friendly. There is humor in the script for all ages. With each show I find more and more joy and fun in my character. My fellow actors are very organic and great listeners. We are constantly playing off of each other. No two shows have been exactly the same; which is important to those on stage and off. We continue to have fun and grow, while the audience can experience a fresh, real, experience.

Although the story is very simple; the original picture book has few words; we tell a universal, sweet story. I'm very proud to be a part of this project.

Comments

Popular Posts