Thanksgiving Parade


I hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving! With just two weeks before the tour hits home, I was starting to miss my folks. Unable to take a bus home and back in time for our shows the next day, I am thankful that I have cousins that live in the suburbs of New York!

Most of what I miss while being on the road is a sense of home. Hotels are comfy, but pretty sterile places. You realize how much you take advantage of the comforts of home, a personalized space that belongs to a family. I also miss driving in four-dour cars and house pets. Thankfully I got a little taste of all of those things in West Chester, plus a delicious home-cooked meal to boot. Beats dinner at Cracker Barrel any day. (Although I do love me some Cracker Barrel.)


My hotel was so close to Macy's at 34th Street, that I had to check out the parade. Unfortunately, I got there around 10:30am, which meant the streets were packed, five rows thick, of people. I was just barely able to see the tip of a Turkey balloon in the distance. 



The one balloon I really saw was this ice cream cone. The streets were so crowded, it took a few minutes just to cross the street. There were a lot of families with strollers, and general chaos abounded. I was expecting a crowd, but not quite to that extent. I doubt I'll be attending the parade in future years, but at least I can say that I saw one balloon! Next year I plan on staying in bed and watching the parade on TV :)

Comments

Popular Posts