18 in 7



Our final week of tour was spent in New Jersey. We had almost a full week off in Newark, NJ, which felt like a very odd vacation. There isn't much to do there except fly out of town or go to the mall, so I caught up on my rest and my TV shows.

By the time the van pulled into DC, everyone was ready to be home. Don't get me wrong; touring is exciting, variable, and full of adventure, but you start to crave regularity. I've been home for a week now, and the novelty of putting things away hasn't worn off yet.

After a quick day off, we were back in technical rehearsals to prepare for our "in-house" run. We are ending the tour with a full three weeks stationed in the KC Family Theater. Because our crew is continuing to tour with the next production going out, we rehearsed with a new crew so they could prepare for our run.

The shows have been non-stop and sold out. In seven days, we will have done 18 shows (including rehearsal run throughs). Our busiest week on the road may have been 8 shows, so having an 18 show week has me pretty wiped.

I'm tired, but satisfied. Its great to have a touch more regularity to my life (sleeping in the same bed each night, not having to pack up my suitcase every few days), but still have shows to do.

Comments

  1. Sounds very tiring, but also very exciting lady. Keep your strength up and get plenty to eat and drink so you don't crash. :-) Have fun finishing out this run! Do you time off for the holidays?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts